The Access to Seeds Index and WBA are mentioned as “Interesting and useful initiatives to benchmark the private sector’s contribution to development”:
Standards, assessment frameworks, benchmarking
Assessment frameworks and standards have been developed by international organizations and civil society. These include:
- Oxfam Framework to assess the development relevance of projects and programmes supported by the main bilateral donors (July 2019)
- UNDP Tiered certification framework for private investors for impact on SDGs (pilot, November 2019)
Interesting and useful initiatives to benchmark the private sector’s contribution to development include:
- Access to Seeds Index measures and compares the efforts of the world’s leading seed companies to enhance the productivity of smallholder farmers.
- World Benchmarking Alliance with benchmarks for climate and energy, food and nutrition, gender equality, development processes and more.
- Access to Nutrition Index rates food and beverage manufacturers ́ nutrition-related policies, practices and disclosures worldwide on a recurring basis.
Read full policy brief